Originally my Boler had a 10 gallon fresh water tank mounted under the rear frame, sometime in the past it was damaged, probably from bottoming out on a ramp.
I didn’t want the same type of tank because they increase the weight of the trailer by at least 100 lbs, the water always has that “plastic” taste, and you cannot thoroughly clean them.
My solution is to use an external 5 gallon insulated cooler that I installed a quick connect fitting in place of the spigot. The braided steel line leads directly to the electric water pump. We have used this system for the past 2 years and it works great and we have discovered it has several real advantages:
- • It is easy to refill because the entire top comes off.
- • Fill with buckets, bulk bottled water or carry it to the tap.
- • In really hot weather we add a block of ice.
- • It is easy to clean and sanitize
- • Easy and cheap to replace, even when on the road or away from home on a trip.